Brenda L.

mummy | family | everything in between

3rd Trimester update - Baby 2


Third trimester had sneakily pounced on me this week and despite feeling the weight of pregnancy a lot earlier, hence more prolonged, I feel as though time with baby 2 goes by even quicker as compared to my first.

I think a lot of this attributes to the fact that Leo takes up 90% of my time and energy that I hadn't been able to give myself the headspace to relish in being pregnant. I get asked quite a fair bit how my two pregnancies differ and unsurprisingly they are worlds apart, some for the better and some maybe not so.

For starters, with baby 2 I actually suffered quite a bit of morning sickness. Not to the extent of consistent vomiting but I'd get bouts of nausea and giddiness throughout the day which thankfully eased up when I entered my 2nd tri.

Unlike with Leo though, I have zero aversions and allergies this time around hurray! I think the oddest aversion I had the first time was the smell of leather and bread shops that got so bad I recall having to sit at the last row in a bus on the way to work so I can put my bag on the opposite end of my seat just to distance from the offensive smell during commute.

I did end up bringing a different bag to work eventually even though I loved the other one so much!

And I am now able to consume spicy food once more yes! It was the biggest bane with Leo when I started developing bad bouts of red spotty rashes on my face, neck right down to my chest triggered by seemingly random things (shampoo, cleansers, toners etc) but one that consistently made it come back was spicy food which I had to painfully stop.

It took me only up till recently to start seeing improvements from the scarring (3 years post pregnancy, imagine that!) which meant changing out my entire skincare and makeup regime to rid of offending ingredients that my skin started developing intolerance to.

I might share the products that helped me a lot in an upcoming post after testing for a little longer.

What else has been up?

DIY-ing a mini kitchen makeover that is! We've been suffering the aftermath of poor kitchen carpentry for a couple of months now which explains my complete absence in posting recipes and cooking experiments on IG. Water's been leaking into cabinets and we've been getting baby roach infestation which is so horrible. I've gotten some DIY materials to fix the problem, reorganise and possibly redecorate while we are at it which is taking a long time considering my slightly inconvenient state lol. We've Marie Kondo-ed a bulk of things like excess containers and bottles and I'm excited to share once everything comes into place.

We've also just trapeze the long National Day and Hari Raya holiday weekend and boy did we load up on activities. From park day with our kids completely decked out in red and white:


To catching the first ever heartland mobile column:


Chilling with friends over dinner under the warm evening sky at Wheelers:


A visit to Madam Tussads:


Ending off with an obligatory coffee run at Nylon mmm:

Can't get over his cheeky face!
I guess that's it! Hope you guys had a restful break too and till next time x.

0 Comments